(Excerpted from the Weston A. Price Journal – “Caustic Commentary”, Fall 2004)
The Top Fourteen
According to government and media health pundits, the top best 14 foods are:
- Tea (green or black)
This uninspiring list reflects the current establishment angels (anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids) and demons (saturated fats and animal foods).
Our list of the 14 best top foods, foods that supply vital nutrients including the fat-soluble vitamins, looks like this:
- Butter from grass-fed cows (preferably raw)
- Liver from grass-fed animals
- Eggs from grass-fed hens
- Cod liver oil
- Fish eggs
- Whole raw milk from grass-fed cows
- Bone broth
- Wild salmon
- Whole yoghurt or kefir
- Beef from grass-fed steers
- Organic Beets
EDIT: If you noticed there are only 13 foods on the list, that’s because I recently removed shrimp due to concerns about PCB levels. Thanks to one of my readers for pointing this out.
A diet containing only these foods will confer lifelong good health; a diet containing only the foods in the first list is the fast track to nutritional deficiencies.
- Why grass-fed is best – part II In this article, we examine exactly why grass-fed animal products are superior to commercially-raised alternatives....
- Soy foods associated with lower sperm counts A recent, large study published in Human Reproduction has demonstrated that soy products are associated...
- Why grass-fed is best – part I Although most consumers have heard of grass-fed or pasture-raised animal products, confusion still abounds about...
- Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient Recent research has demonstrated the essential role of vitamin K2 in promoting optimal health. Unfortunately,...
- Where's the beef? More worthless propaganda wrongly condemning red meat was splashed across the newspapers this week. Here's...
Need help? I consult with patients locally in the SF Bay Area and around the world via telephone & Skype. Please contact me to learn more.