You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The heart of depression”.
- Web-based seminar on natural treatment of depression Integrative medicine pioneer and renowned psychiatrist James Gordon MD is teaching a four-part online series...
- Treating depression without drugs – Part I In this two-part series I present several clinically proven ways to treat depression without drugs....
- The stress-depression link Recent studies are beginning to support what common sense already suggests: that chronic stress causes...
- Treating depression without drugs – Part III In Part III of this three-part series on treating depression without drugs, we examine lifestyle...
- Upcoming talk: Holistic Treatment of Depression I will be giving a free talk on the holistic treatment of depression on Sept....
Even if fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.” – Anatole France
THE HEALTHY SKEPTIC is a blog dedicated to debunking mainstream myths about nutrition, health and disease. It is my sincere hope that the information here will lead to greater health and well-being for you and those you love. Sign up below to receive posts via email.
Subscribe to blog updates
Subscribe to podcast in iTunes
Donations gratefully accepted!
Tagsacid acids acupuncture alpha-linolenic animal antacid antidepressants autoimmune bacterial birth blood carbohydrates cardiovascular children chinese cholesterol danger Depression dha diet disease drug drug-free drugs effective epa essential fat fatty featured fish fish oil gerd hashimoto's hdl health healthcare heartburn hypothyroid hypothyroidism inflammation ldl linoleic liver low low-carb mainstream management medicine meridian micronutrients natural nexium obesity oil omega-3 omega-6 overgrowth pain pharmaceutical placebo qi reflux research saturated side effects statins stomach Stress study thyroid treatment truth vegetable vitamins
If you have Hashimoto’s, all the supplements and medications in the world will fall short unless you make these dietary changes.
August 4, 2010 in Thyroid Disorders
Vitamin D deficiency is associated with thyroid disease. But figuring out how much vitamin D you should take if you’re hypothyroid isn’t so simple.
Learn five ways that adrenal stress can cause hypothyroid symptoms – even in people without thyroid disease.
July 29, 2010 in Thyroid Disorders
You can’t have a healthy gut without a healthy thyroid, and you can’t have a healthy thyroid without a healthy gut.
Healthy thyroid function depends on keeping blood sugar in a normal range, and keeping blood sugar in a normal range depends on healthy thyroid function.