Bring on the Paleo-Nerd-A-Thon! In this week’s episode paleo nerds Robb Wolf and Mat LaLonde (a.k.a. “The Kraken”) join me to discuss some of the finer points of the paleo/primal approach to nutrition. We answer cover the following topics:
- Why weight loss often plateaus or even reverses on low- or zero-carb diets, and why increasing carbohydrate intake can often jump-start weight loss again
- Whether ketones or glucose are a better source of fuel in particular circumstances
- Whether it’s important to eat glycine-rich foods like bone broths as well as methionine rich foods like muscle meats and eggs – and what the consequences may be of too little glycine and too much methionine
- How to increase testosterone and libido without testosterone creams
- Whether elevated LDL after adopting a paleo diet is caused by micronutrient deficiencies
- The complete lack of evidence supporting “metabolic typing”
- The potential causes of excessive bloating
- The myth that a paleo diet is bad for the kidneys
- What a paleo diet can – and can’t – do for type 2 diabetes
Since we’re all nerds that like to talk, the episode is longer than usual – 90 minutes. But we had a great time and we’re thinking of making it a quarterly event. Let us know what you think!
P.S. You’ll notice the theme song is different this week. We pulled it from Release the Kraken.