This week’s episode is all about nutrition for fertility, pregnancy and breastfeeding. I answer common questions like:
- What do you see as the biggest factor keeping women from getting pregnant these days? What one factor, if optimized, has the biggest effect on fertility?
- How important is the father’s nutritional status pre-conception? What should a man be eating to improve the chances of conception?
- Do you recommend significantly different diets during the times a couple is trying to get pregnant versus after she becomes pregnant?
- Can I continue my paleo/low-carb lifestyle if I fall pregnant? Is it safe to practice a paleo diet while pregnant? Most doctor’s say it isn’t.
- When I was pregnant in the past, I had TERRIBLE morning sickness. How can I maintain a healthy eating plan and deal with food aversions/ morning sickness/ sheer exhaustion?
- What prenatal vitamin (with DHA?) would you recommend? Are generic supplements targeted at pregnant woman worth taking?
We also discuss appropriate weight gain during pregnancy, how to avoid gestational diabetes, how long to breastfeed and how to ensure adequate milk supply.
At the end of the podcast I talk a little bit about the Grow a Healthy Baby Home Study Course, which will be available online by the end of this month or early next month. If you’d like to be notified when it becomes available, click here to join the mailing list. Note that I’ll be making a special offer to people on that list, so sign up so you don’t miss out!