You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Preventing heart disease without drugs”.
- How to increase your risk of heart disease Dr. Steinberg's new recommendations for preventing heart disease are sure to have the opposite effect,...
- Inflammation worsens danger of heart disease A recently published study adds to the evidence suggesting inflammation is a major cause of...
- Cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease The widely accepted theory that cholesterol causes heart disease is not supported by the scientific...
- The heart of depression The myth that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance has been permeated public consciousness,...
- Treating depression without drugs – Part I In this two-part series I present several clinically proven ways to treat depression without drugs....
Tags: drugs, featured, natural, preventing, prevention, without
I am strongly against the use of statins to reduce cholesterol, It can be done much more safely using magnesium, water, and exercise. I would highly suggest any one worried about this topic to check out this article Magnesium and Walking Will Always be Superior to Lipitor
My HFCS google alert picked up your beautifully and intelligently written article. I am on a personal campaign to let everyone I know about the
treachery of HFCS. Have you delved into this topic in depth? Courtesy
of the Corn Refiners Assoc., go to http://www.corn.org/NSFC2006.pdf
Pages 29-30 list all the foods and products that contain HFCS. A few
surprises even for me. http://www.StopHFCS.com lists foods that are HFCS-free.
Thanks very much for your comment. I also recommend magnesium as a preventative measure, and I couldn’t agree more about the use of statins to reduce cholesterol. What for, when cholesterol isn’t a risk factor for heart disease in most populations? What for, when statins aren’t effective for 95% of people? What for, when statins have dangerous and even life-threatening side effects and risks?
Thanks for your kind words about the article. Yes, I’m well aware of the danger of HFCS and other refined sugars. Thanks for sharing the links! I will write an article on this in the future.
If you are suffering from high blood pressure I strongly suggest you check out the Zona Plus. It is a device that was discovered by the US Air Force to naturally lower blood pressure and is based on the principles of isometric hand grip therapy. The Harvard Health Letter even reviewed it and said that it works as well as medications. My grandfather used it and lowered his blood pressure by over 50 points. I would also check out their blog where they review many clinically proven was to naturally lower blood pressure.
Pingback from Fat Follies on May 20, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Why should you need to use magnesium to reduce cholesterol if cholesterol doesn’t cause heart disease…?
Comments feed for this article
Trackback link: https://thehealthyskeptic.org/preventing-heart-disease-without-drugs/trackback