In this second podcast episode I cover the basics of essential fatty acids, discuss the importance of reducing intake of omega-6 and increasing intake of omega-3, and compare the relative benefits of fish vs. fish oil as sources of omega-3.
I go through most of the material I’ve written about in my special report on essential fatty acids, fish and fish oil, but there is some additional material in the podcast that isn’t in the written series.
I’ve also answered a few of the most common questions that came up in the comments section, or were emailed to me by readers.
- Why flax oil isn’t an adequate source of omega-3 fats
- The importance of reducing omega-6 consumption
- How much omega-3 is enough to prevent disease and promote health
- The advantages and disadvantages of fish vs. fish oil as sources of omega-3
- Criteria for choosing a fish oil
- Is vitamin A safe in cod liver oil?
- Is EPA or DHA more important in human health?
Click here to subscribe to and download the podcast in iTunes. (For those of you already subscribed to the podcast in iTunes, keep in mind that it sometimes takes up to a day for the feed to update.)
Click here to listen to an MP3 of the podcast, or right-click to download the MP3 to your computer.