Not all fat people get diabetes, and not all diabetics are fat
You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Not all fat people get diabetes, and not all diabetics are fat”.
- Think skinny people don’t get type 2 diabetes? Think again. Most people aren't aware that thin and even underweight people can get type 2 diabetes...
- How inflammation makes you fat and diabetic (and vice versa) Inflammation may be the single most important mechanism driving the diabesity (obesity + diabetes) epidemic....
- Warning: drinking bottled water could make you fat! Recent research suggests that BPA, a chemical found in plastic water bottles, triggers the formation...
- Whole fat milk: benefits for moms & kids Yet another study has been published that directly contradicts the low-fat dietary propaganda that has...
- Breakfast of champions (with 88 grams of fat!) I'm living proof that fat doesn't make you fat. Just check out my breakfast!...
Even if fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.” – Anatole France
THE HEALTHY SKEPTIC is a blog dedicated to debunking mainstream myths about nutrition, health and disease. It is my sincere hope that the information here will lead to greater health and well-being for you and those you love. Sign up below to receive posts via email.
Subscribe to blog updates
Subscribe to podcast in iTunes
Donations gratefully accepted!
Tagsacid acids acupuncture alpha-linolenic animal antidepressants autoimmune bacterial birth blood carbohydrates cardiovascular children chinese cholesterol danger Depression dha diabetes diet disease drug drug-free drugs effective epa essential fat fatty featured fish gerd hashimoto's hdl health healthcare heartburn hypothyroid hypothyroidism inflammation ldl linoleic liver low low-carb mainstream management medication medicine meridian micronutrients natural nexium obesity oil omega-3 omega-6 pain pharmaceutical placebo qi reflux research saturated side effects statins stomach Stress study syndrome thyroid treatment truth vegetable vitamins
September 19, 2010 in Diabesity
Most people aren’t aware that thin and even underweight people can get type 2 diabetes (T2DM). Learn the top 5 reasons why they do.
September 17, 2010 in Diabesity
Obesity doesn’t always increase the risk of diabetes. Some types of obesity are especially dangerous, while others may be protective.
September 15, 2010 in Diabesity
Inflammation may be the single most important mechanism driving the diabesity (obesity + diabetes) epidemic.
September 12, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
At last my search is over. I’ve finally found a book on nutrition I can recommend to friends and family.
Does the new study everyone’s talking about prove eating meat is bad for you? Hardly. It proves researchers don’t have a clue.